How do I get my incentives?
Follow these 4 steps to get your incentive
1) Before starting any renovations, please click to pre-qualify and book your pre-assessment with one of our Registered Energy Advisors (REA)
A Registered Energy Advisor is an independent third party who will advise you on upgrades and help you make sure you meet the qualifications.
2) Have your Register Energy advisor complete a pre-renovation energy assessment
The energy advisor will conduct a basement-to-attic assessment of your home’s current energy use and generate a customized report to explain which upgrades can improve your home’s energy efficiency. This energy assessment takes about two to three hours. When you successfully complete and meet all requirements, you’ll be reimbursed $550 for the cost of the pre and post assessments as part of your incentive cheque.
3) Complete at least TWO of the eligible home energy upgrades†
We recommend you get at least three quotes before selecting a reputable contractor for renovations. Have a Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) registered contractor perform any equipment installations.
4) Contact your Registered Energy Advisor to complete your post-renovation energy assessment
Your second assessment will take about one to two hours and must be completed within 120 days of your first assessment. This assessment will calculate the new energy efficiency for your home based on the upgrades you completed. Your advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Enbridge Gas. You will get your incentive cheque within 8-10 weeks.
To qualify for the Home Efficiency Rebate (HER):
- The homeowner agrees he/she will not participate in any other gas or building envelope program(s) offered by parties outside of Enbridge Gas Inc., between the Initial Assessment and the Final Assessment.
- The homeowner confirms he/she has not applied for, nor will apply in the future for, rebates/ incentives from other energy efficiency/conservation programs (including GreenON) for the same qualifying energy efficiency improvements for which the homeowner is eligible to receive incentives through HER.
Enbridge Gas Incentive:
Get up to $5,000 back by installing two or more eligible measures.†
Note: there is a charge for your pre and post energy assessment, however, you will receive a $550 reimbursement for the assessment costs upon successful completion.
- Heating system*
- Furnace: $250
- Boiler: $1,000
- Upgraded Insulation:
- Up to $1,250 for Basement - NEW** An additional bonus of $500 for insulating 100% of basement.
- Up to $3,000 for Exterior Wall
- Up to $650 for Attic
- Water heater: $400
- Window/Door/Skylight: $40 each
- Air Sealing: Up to $150
Please visit the Home Energy Upgrades web page for a full list of rebates and requirements for the eligible home energy upgrades.
Additional Bonus Incentives: If you complete more than three upgrades, you also qualify for an additional bonus for each additional upgrade installed—up to a maximum total incentive of $5,000. For example:
- Install 3 upgrades - customer will receive additional $150
- Install 4 upgrades - customer will receive additional $500
- Install 5 or more upgrades - customer will receive additional $750