Home Winterproofing Program (HWP) COVID-19 Update
Due to the ongoing risk of the spread of infection of COVID-19, Enbridge Gas will be taking the following precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and third-party delivery agents during in-home assessments:
- The delivery agent will follow recommended guidelines as mandated by Ontario Public Health.
- Physical distancing practices (6 feet/2 metres) will be followed during the visit
- In some cases, where physical distancing is not possible, the delivery agent will wear a mask for additional protection.
- Homeowners are required to compete a pre-booking health assessment questionnaire over the phone at the time of booking and reconfirm the information when delivery agent is entering the home.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I have my audit or retrofit work re-booked?
The delivery agent who is working on your file will call to re-book your assessment after June 15. Alternatively, you can reach out to your delivery agent directly to reschedule.
What safety precautions will the auditors and installers take?
Delivery agents are advised to follow public health guidelines set out by the Ontario Government (including Ontario Public Health) which include all physical distancing, personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitization precautions.
Enbridge Gas is providing COVID-19 expectations and guidelines to delivery agents to consider which include the following:
- Ensure all PPE required is on-hand before entering a home: gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and waste bags to dispose of used gloves and masks.
- Coordinate a COVID-19 pre-booking questionnaire to ensure no one in the home has been exposed to the virus or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Ensure, where possible, only one family member is in the home during the assessment.
- Stay at least six feet (two metres) away from the client.
- Handle all paperwork electronically whenever possible.
It is up to each delivery agent to enforce these safety precautions with their own Energy Advisors /employees. If you feel that an Energy Advisors is not following these safety protocols, you reserve the right to ask them to do so.
What if I have to cancel/re-book my appointment with short notice?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Enbridge Gas and our delivery agents will accommodate last minute cancellations and re-bookings if there are safety concerns (Example: someone has been exposed to the virus or has had flu-like symptoms recently).
What if the Energy Advisor looks unwell and I feel unsafe with him/her in my home?
Your health and safety are our top priority. If an Energy Advisor appears to have flu-like symptoms you can ask him/her to leave and re-book the audit with your delivery agent.
What happens if the program is suspended again?
Enbridge Gas will follow the same process as before where your delivery agent will contact you to let you know the program is on hold until further notice and that you will be contacted for re-booking once the suspension has lifted.
If you hear of the suspension prior to your delivery agent calling you, please call them to reschedule your audit at a later date.
Please continue to visit the Enbridge Gas website for the most recent updates (enbridgesmartsavings.com).
How will the Energy Advisor collect documents?
All documents will be collected electronically where possible and/or we request that you leave documents on a flat surface so the Energy Advisor can take a photograph (i.e. a kitchen counter or table) and sanitize hands between passing the documents.
For any documents that require a signature, we ask that you use your own pen and ensure the Energy Advisor leaves them on a flat surface where they can be signed at a safe distance.