Comprehensive Energy Management (CEM) Program
Whether for environmental stewardship, emission reduction or cost savings purposes, managing energy is becoming increasingly important in industrial settings.
Succeeding in energy management requires the ability to set the right strategy and make it happen. Enbridge Gas’s Comprehensive Energy Management (CEM) Program is designed to help you do just that.
A dedicated Enbridge Gas Energy Solutions Advisors (ESA) will work with you to:
- Identify key energy drivers
- Identify areas of improvement and set targets to:
- Reduce energy consumption and emissions
- Improve process efficiencies
- Save money across the organization
- Empower and engage employees to work together towards a common energy saving goal
Participants can qualify for very attractive financial incentives:
- Energy Management Information System (EMIS) installation and updates - 80% of the cost to a maximum of $50,000 per project
- Financial assistance for CEM certification training – up to $2,500 annually*
- Thermal energy audits-up to 50% of the cost with opportunity for an one-time top-up to 50% of the cost**
- Funded employee engagement events and activities
CEM program participants will be guided through five main areas of activities:
- Obtain senior management signature as part of the application to demonstrate leadership sponsorship of and commitment to energy management efforts;
- Create or update energy policy to make energy usage a specific performance goal
- Develop energy or sustainability teams and name a champion who is accountable
- Work with an ESA to develop an Energy Model for your facility
- Take action to improve operations and maintenance practices, and be willing to invest in EMIS, to better manage energy.
Terms & Conditions
- To be eligible you must be located in the former Enbridge Gas Distribution service area and an Enbridge Gas Inc. customer and the first four components of CEM program outlined must be completed by November 30 of the current calendar year.
- Program Application Form must be approved by Enbridge Gas.
- Program space and funds are limited and available on a first come first serve basis. Confirm program availability with your Energy Solutions Advisor prior to submitting an application form.
- Volumetric savings are based on either on Enbridge Gas approved engineering calculations or Enbridge Gas validated performance metrics.
- Project Implementation incentives for the additional Enbridge Gas programs are governed by the Terms and Conditions for each program.
- Incentives are only made available to customers where Enbridge Gas energy efficiency offer(s) have impacted the customer's decision to proceed with the improvement(s).