Comprehensive Energy Management (CEM) Program
Whether for environmental stewardship, emission reduction or cost savings purposes, managing energy is becoming increasingly important in industrial settings.
Succeeding in energy management requires the ability to set the right strategy and make it happen. Enbridge Gas Distribution’s Comprehensive Energy Management (CEM) Program is designed to help you do just that.
A dedicated Enbridge Energy Solutions Consultant (ESC) will work with you to:
- Identify key energy drivers
- Identify areas of improvement and set targets to:
- Reduce energy consumption and emissions
- Improve process efficiencies
- Save money across the organization
- Empower and engage employees to work together towards a common energy saving goal
Participants can qualify for very attractive financial incentives:
- Energy Management Information System (EMIS) installation and updates - 80% of the cost to a maximum of $40,000
- Thermal energy audits-up to 50% of the cost*
- Implementation of thermal energy efficiency projects-up to 50% of the cost to a maximum of $100,000 per project
- Funded employee engagement events and activities
CEM program participants will be guided through five main areas of activities:
- Obtain senior management signature as part of the application to demonstrate leadership sponsorship of and commitment to energy management efforts;
- Create or update energy policy to make energy usage a specific performance goal
- Develop energy or sustainability teams and name a champion who is accountable
- Work with an ESC to develop an Energy Model for your facility
- Take action to improve operations and maintenance practices, and be willing to invest in EMIS, to better manage energy.