Commercial Custom Retrofit Program
Through the Commercial Custom Retrofit Program, financial incentives* are rewarded for investing in capital projects that save natural gas. Examples of common projects include upgrading to energy efficient boilers and water heaters, installing make-up air units, or implementing building controls.
A dedicated Enbridge Gas Energy Solutions Advisor (ESA) will work with you every step of the way:
- Opportunity Identification - Your ESA will conduct a free site walkthrough to identify opportunities that can help you save energy and money.
- Energy Savings and Incentives Estimates – Based on the information collected at the site walkthrough, your ESA will calculate the estimated gas savings associated with the opportunity identified as well as any Enbridge Gas financial incentives you may qualify for.
Installation of Equipment – To get the job done right, your ESA can connect you with:
- Proven trade professionals
- Financial incentive of $.20/m3 natural gas saved up to 50% of project cost to a maximum of $100,000 per project.
The more natural gas you save, the higher the incentive rate you qualify for.
This Multi-Residential building chose to replace their MUA (Make-Up Air) unit with a condensing MUA unit with VFD (Variable Frequency Drive). The new system resulted in a customer savings of 49,198 m3 annually which is 21.6% of their total consumption earning an incentive of $9,839.60.
Custom audit and studies
- For universities, colleges, hospitals and long-term care facilities.
- The lesser of $0.01/m3 of estimated annualized natural gas saved based on consumption in the most recently completed calendar year or 50 percent of the eligible audit costs, to a maximum of $5,000 per facility.
Steam Trap Audit
- The lesser of $10 per trap audited or 50 percent of the eligible audit costs, to a maximum of $5,000.
For more information about this program, or to book a site walk through, contact your ESA.
Contact Enbridge Gas to confirm your eligibility. Incentives are only made available to customers where Enbridge Gas energy-efficiency offer(s) have impacted the customer’s decision to proceed with the improvement(s). Incentive cannot exceed 50% of the project cost and $100,000 per project. Must provide proof of purchase matched to installation address. Valid in Enbridge Gas franchise area (Ontario) only, between Jan. 1, 2021 and Nov. 30, 2021. Minimum boiler efficiency to qualify for the Commercial Custom Retrofit incentive program is 85%.