Home Efficiency Rebate (HER) program COVID-19 update
Due to the ongoing risk of the spread of infection of COVID-19, Enbridge Gas will be taking the following precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and third-party service providers during in-home assessments:
- The service provider will follow recommended guidelines as mandated by Ontario Public Health.
- Physical distancing practices (6 feet/2 metres) will be followed during the visit.
- In some cases, where physical distancing is not possible, the service provider will wear a mask for additional protection.
- Homeowners are required to compete a pre-booking health assessment questionnaire over the phone at the time of booking and reconfirm the information when the service provider is entering the home.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I have my assessment re-booked?
The service organization who is working on your file will call to rebook your assessment after June 15. Alternatively, you can reach out to your service organization directly to rebook.
What if I cannot get installers in my home in time?
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Enbridge Gas understands that it may be challenging to secure installers and equipment in a timely fashion to complete the program. If you feel you require more time than the 120-day program rule, please speak to your service organization and request an extension.
What safety precautions will the Energy Advisors take?
Service organizations are advised to follow public health guidelines set out by the Ontario Government (including Ontario Public Health) which include all physical distancing, personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitization precautions.
Enbridge Gas is providing COVID-19 guidelines to service organizations to consider which include the following:
- Ensure all PPE required is on-hand before entering a home: gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and waste bags to dispose of used gloves and masks.
- Coordinate a COVID-19 pre-booking questionnaire to ensure no one in the home has been exposed to the virus or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Ensure, where possible, only one family member is in the home during the assessment.
- Stay at least six feet (two metres) away from the client.
- Handle all paperwork electronically whenever possible.
It will be up to each service organization to enforce these safety precautions with their own Energy Advisors/employees. If you feel that an Energy Advisor is not following safety protocols, you reserve the right to ask them to do so.
What if I have to cancel/re-book my appointment with short notice?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Enbridge Gas and our service organizations will accommodate last minute cancellations and re-bookings if there are safety concerns (Example: someone has been exposed to the virus or has had flu-like symptoms recently).
What if the Energy Advisor looks unwell and I feel unsafe with him/her in my home?
Your health and safety are our top priority. If an Energy Advisor appears to have flu-like symptoms you can ask him/her to leave and re-book the audit with your service organization.
What if I am not comfortable booking an audit within the 120-day rule?
You can prolong your audit until the end of the year (2020) until you feel safe having someone in your home without compromising your ability to participate in the program. Please note this only applies to customers who have had their D audit prior to the COVID-19 program suspension.
Any customer who has their D audit after June 15 is subject to the 120-day program rule and requesting an extension will need to be done with your service organization.
What if I want to participate but cannot afford to do upgrades at the moment?
Enbridge Gas encourages you to speak with your Energy Advisor and request an extension past the 120-day program rule. When you feel you are ready to commence with the upgrades, please contact your Energy Advisor to book your final energy audit.
What happens if the program is suspended again?
Enbridge Gas will follow the same process as before where your service organization will contact you to let you know the program is on hold until further notice and that you will be contacted for re-booking once the suspension has lifted.
If you hear of the suspension prior to your service organization calling you, please call them to reschedule your audit at a later date.
Please continue to visit the Enbridge Gas website for the most recent updates (enbridgesmartsavings.com).
How will the Energy Advisor collect documents?
All documents will be collected electronically where possible and/or we request that you leave documents on a flat surface so the Energy Advisor can take a photograph (i.e. a kitchen counter or table).
For documents that require a signature, we ask that you use your own pen and ensure the Energy Advisor leaves them on a flat surface where they can be signed at a safe distance.